Universal Account Number (UAN) is the account where employees’ provident fund (EPF) deposits are made. With a UAN Number, you can check the PF balance of your account. Once you activate UAN, you will be able to check your PF balance online. To make it simple for the employees UAn was started. This is to have one number for each subscriber so that they can share their UAN number whenever they change their job.
How to activate UAN number?
1) Open EPFO portal
2) Click on ‘Our Services’ and then click on ‘For Employees’
3) Click on ‘Member UAN/Online Services’
4) Click on ‘Activate your UAN’ (located under ‘Important Links’ on the right-hand side)
5) Enter your basic details like UAN, date of birth, mobile number and then click on ‘Get authorisation pin’
6) Enter the OTP received on your mobile phone and click on ‘I Agree’
7) Finally, click on ‘Validate OTP and activate UAN’