Don’t have a PAN card? You can use these instead of PAN card

It is mandatory to use PAN card for many things. Even if you want to open a bank account you would be asked to submit a copy of PAN card. Apart from this for Filing income tax return ot if you make large financial transactions you would be required to quote the permanent Account Number (PAN).

As per section 139A of the Income Tax Act, 1961, PAN card is mandatory for certain categories of individuals which may include the one who have taxable income and are involved in carrying out specific financial transactions like a high-value cash deposit or withdrawal in bank.

However, Income Tax Department also provides a relief to the citizens if they don’t have PAN. Such citizens can use two alternatives of the PAN card when their PAN number is not available.

The first alternative document of PAN card they can use is Aadhar Card. As government had instructed to link PAN with Aadhar card, they can now be used as an alternative. You may use the Aadhar number wherever required as per the related rules by income tax department.

Another document that is considered as the alternative of the PAN card is form 60 which you can use as a declaration in the bank to open a new account. Those who have income below taxable limit or doesn’t have PAN number may use this form in banks.